Organize Simplify Create Design

It is perpetual, living life and keeping it simple. Peace of mind comes from having a place for things. As I watched "Horton Hears a Who", with my grandchildren I thought about no matter how "tiny" the thing, it deserves a home. So I live by the old adage, a place for everything and everything in its respective place...

About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
Ten things I am or have been: 1 Wife, 2 Mother of five, 3 Grandmother of 16, 4 Hair Dresser, 5 Bookkeeper 6 Bank Teller, 7 Scrapbook Store Owner, 8 Reporter, 9 Gardener, 10 Photographer,

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Christmas Mantle in Gold

Christmas Mantle Simply Done

First I must apologize if you waited for daily steps to decorating. I had to leave town for an emergency for a dear family member. I'm sure you got the idea though.

My decorations this year are more simply done than in years past. My sweetheart is facing surgery tomorrow and I know the taking down will be left to me.
Today I'd like to share my mantle with you. There is no greenery used and just a smidgen of aqua to tie in in with my tree.

 I used the three gold reindeer I picked up at Marshall's a couple of years ago. The pinecones I gathered near my home and the gold balls came from a floral arrangement a friend had sent a few years ago. I had the gold magnolia sprays in my Christmas stash. 
My favorite part of this years display is what you probably think is ribbon! Well, it is metal that I snagged from a cool shop in Utah called Kneaders. They had a beautiful rustic tree decorated in wonderful burlap, metal, and natural pieces. I bought it right off the tree! $15 for nine pieces. 

I wanted some letters to spell out a Christmas message this year, really difficult to find what I wanted. I settled for these Walmart letters for a couple of bucks each. There is a brown shiny branch thing under it all.
The finishing touch was wanting something drippy off the front. so I chose the beading you can buy for candles to add a tiny touch of aqua and hung the gold snowflakes with it. I burn a fire in my fireplace so I have to be careful about what drapes around the sides and the front.

 I should have lit a fire huh? It's been hot in Houston so it didn't even occur to me. Would have spiced up the photo right?
Stay tuned for glimpses of my pink and gray Christmas decor in the dining and other simple touches. 
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments or feedback, add requests or ask questions! I'd love to hear from my readers.