Organize Simplify Create Design

It is perpetual, living life and keeping it simple. Peace of mind comes from having a place for things. As I watched "Horton Hears a Who", with my grandchildren I thought about no matter how "tiny" the thing, it deserves a home. So I live by the old adage, a place for everything and everything in its respective place...

About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
Ten things I am or have been: 1 Wife, 2 Mother of five, 3 Grandmother of 16, 4 Hair Dresser, 5 Bookkeeper 6 Bank Teller, 7 Scrapbook Store Owner, 8 Reporter, 9 Gardener, 10 Photographer,

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Scrapbook Craft Room Reveal

Scrapbook Room Reveal

Admitting how bad it was after the move...
It was a dumping ground for all things waiting for a new home after the move. 
When my daughter Briana came in town for a visit we went on an organizing stampede to get me back to ORG-BLISS! :)

We made up the bed, hauled everything out that didn't belong and some that did and began the task. You can see from photos of my old room that the desk was sold because it would not fit in the new room. So I took part of the game room media center, (two black towers) and incorporated them into storage for this space. We no longer have a media room, so the console went to the master bedroom and these two pieces work with my black Expedit from Ikea. I had this console table I am using as a desk for now. So here is the space after organizing.
I didn't really plan for using the pink and green accents any longer but realized I had some special pieces that my kids gave me that I wanted to keep so they stayed in the scheme. It was nice since items were already stored in these pieces. No need looking for new storage options. This wall is left as you come into the room.

A portion of this wall falls behind the door when it is open. The two pink squares are metal tiles that are great for hanging notes of photos with magnets. My grandkids are always leaving me little artsy things to display and they love seeing them up when they visit. This room doubles as a second guest room with a Murphy Bed my husband and I made together. It's a great way to share a craft space and have guest space when needed, but tucked away when it create time....
This is one of the Ikea Expedit shelves I own. The bins hold Tim Holtz items and tools. I purchased additional drawers that Ikea sells. They have changed their design since I purchased my first ones but they work the same. My daughter and I went to Hobby Lobby and found these adorable knobs with bling that compliment the room.
I adore the lit cabinets. As always I love having things in view, it inspires my creativity! I plan to hang my black framed photos soon.
Moving clockwise around the room, we come to the desk. As you see, I have found a place for my Ikea mini drawer storage boxes. I wish these were still available. I store so many things in them. For that you need to visit previous posts of my organization of these drawers. Even if you cannot get these there are still useable storage ideas there. My biggest complaint about this room is LIGHT! I plan to take the blind out and replace it with a roman shade. I'm not sure about the lamps? Opinions? Also, would love your ideas about how to light a dim space. Track? Can lights? What do y'all think?
This is the other storage tower. 
This is a favorite nook for me. Just a corner that makes me smile. Plus it's a great space for guests to have as a nightstand, tucked right beside the murphy bed. :)
For a photo of the bed down, take a look at my old space, it's just so nice to tuck it into the wall when not in use.
If you look closely, you can see the plastic storage bins I have my paper in. I used to store my 81/2 x 11 papers in a drawer in my craft desk. That no longer mine, I had to figure out where my paper would stay. Fortunately The Container Store still sells these great bins that fit perfectly on my shelves inside the closet. Yep, once again I'm blessed with a great closet to store all my craft goodies.
This is the back wall of the closet. There is an Expedit beneath this display where I have photos organized and grandkids scrapbook bins and albums.

Ikea still sells these bins, I just put a piece of black and cream scrapbook paper inside the front to give them a uniform look. Otherwise they look like the one on the bottom center where you can see the purple folders stored inside. I have three Expedits in this closet. Two upright and this one laying down. They are great for craft storage with all the bins and baskets that fit inside of them. Give you lots of storage options.
Doing this room was a breeze since all of my supplies were already containerized and just needed to be placed.

I will place updates when I get the lighting done and show the room with the bed down soon.

Comments?

1 comment:

  1. I loooove how this room turned out!! Wish I could've seen the reveal in person! I would never want to scrapbook and mess up such a pretty space;)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments or feedback, add requests or ask questions! I'd love to hear from my readers.