Organize Simplify Create Design

It is perpetual, living life and keeping it simple. Peace of mind comes from having a place for things. As I watched "Horton Hears a Who", with my grandchildren I thought about no matter how "tiny" the thing, it deserves a home. So I live by the old adage, a place for everything and everything in its respective place...

About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
Ten things I am or have been: 1 Wife, 2 Mother of five, 3 Grandmother of 16, 4 Hair Dresser, 5 Bookkeeper 6 Bank Teller, 7 Scrapbook Store Owner, 8 Reporter, 9 Gardener, 10 Photographer,

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Fall Door Decor, use what you have!

Welcome Fall Entrance Decor

 When fall arrived last year, we had just moved in. I was overcome with projects and boxes and to do lists. I am posting this because, this simple arrangement, gave the front door a little fall pop for not a lot of money. Also, I was suddenly faced with two doors to decorate, so each season or holiday has become a new challenge as I had one of my door decors at the other home. It was especially pretty when the yellow mums popped!
 Stepping back the pumpkins add plenty of fall punch.
 If you're like me you have certain things that go back to the same spot, year in and year out, simply because they seem to go there, or you purchased it specifically for that space? Then when you move, you are forced to think outside the box. If you always put things in the same place, I challenge you to change it up, like you had to. :)
 My grandmother was known as the puppet lady. she went into the community and gave puppet shows to children and the elderly. Of course we grandchildren got the best shows of all, she always entertained us with them. The majority of her puppets were handmade. I inherited Glenda, the witch. When I thought of how I could use my prized puppets to keep my grandma's memory crisp, I use them at holidays. Thus my witch theme. :) I don't think I would have gone there if it hadn't been for her.
 I had to pull out old garlands, fall leaves and flowers to create my first door design. The iron scrolls are fun to use and make the designs look lovely. This was all I had to work with last season.

 There is my silly little witch that hung on my door in the past. "The witch is in" she says.

Just adding a simple pop of color is all you need. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments or feedback, add requests or ask questions! I'd love to hear from my readers.