Organize Simplify Create Design

It is perpetual, living life and keeping it simple. Peace of mind comes from having a place for things. As I watched "Horton Hears a Who", with my grandchildren I thought about no matter how "tiny" the thing, it deserves a home. So I live by the old adage, a place for everything and everything in its respective place...

About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
Ten things I am or have been: 1 Wife, 2 Mother of five, 3 Grandmother of 16, 4 Hair Dresser, 5 Bookkeeper 6 Bank Teller, 7 Scrapbook Store Owner, 8 Reporter, 9 Gardener, 10 Photographer,

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Favorite Vignettes

I am always pinning vignettes! That little vase belonged to my mom. Those old silver teaspoons were wedding gifts.
I love to change out my vignettes. Keeps thing fresh! :) I pasted an article below about that very thing. Just changing things up a bit is mood lifting. I always told my girls the story about the woman whose kitchen was a mess. She was overwhelmed. Her neighbor stopped over for a visit with some flowers from her garden. She put them in a vase and ended up clearing off the table to put them on display. She found a pretty scarf to put in the middle to place the vase on. As she gazed upon them she began to clear clutter from other parts of the room, did the dishes and before she realized she had her kitchen sparkling.
So go buy yourself some flowers! You might just end up in a sparkling kitchen... :)
 When we settled into our one story, the saying on the wall says it all, "The good life at Mersey". That's what we will be spending here as we plod along on our projects.
I must always remind myself to "simplify", life can be too complicated to sweat the small stuff.
Some vignettes are just plain useful. I found this adorable bottle with its own necklace for my olive oil. The balsamic jar we purchased in Italy, the vinegar is gone, but it is always refilled with our favorite. The pepper oil jar, I gave to my hubs, he is a pepper nut. He is always experimenting with making hot oils. Then hiding behind is my Bragg cider vinegar jar. These are all useful things we always need out and they look pretty next to the cooktop.
This is what I see when I walk into the kitchen each morning... welcome sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments or feedback, add requests or ask questions! I'd love to hear from my readers.