Organize Simplify Create Design

It is perpetual, living life and keeping it simple. Peace of mind comes from having a place for things. As I watched "Horton Hears a Who", with my grandchildren I thought about no matter how "tiny" the thing, it deserves a home. So I live by the old adage, a place for everything and everything in its respective place...

About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
Ten things I am or have been: 1 Wife, 2 Mother of five, 3 Grandmother of 16, 4 Hair Dresser, 5 Bookkeeper 6 Bank Teller, 7 Scrapbook Store Owner, 8 Reporter, 9 Gardener, 10 Photographer,

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

One of my faves

Brads, eyelets, scrapbook nails! (probably some things I talk about for scrapbooking are not even for sale anymore! sorry, but I still store what I own and you could use the storage for other items)
These adorable wooden books were found at Hobby Lobby in the bare wood section. They pull apart to store things in. I painted mine black and had this cute book binding tape, pink and black checks and used it to decorate every other one. Then I found these nifty Tic-Tac containers near the beading section in my Hobby Lobby. I can sort the small embellishments by color and guess what? They fit perfectly in these nifty book containers! This is one of my favorite storage finds.
LOOKS LIKE A BOOK

TIC-TAC type containers available at Hobby Lobby in case you don't want to eat them all! :)
This would make awesome storage for beads too!!! The great thing is I wear salon nails and it's very easy to remove and open these containers in spite of having my nails done!
In the cubby to the right is a wooden box that holds my straw, jute and raffia pieces. My Bazill paper swatches and an adorable paper snipping my daughter gave me.

2 comments:

  1. OCD
    Organize
    Collect
    Decorate

    just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your ideas but the tic tac boxes are the cutest !!! I'm now officially an empty tictac container collector :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments or feedback, add requests or ask questions! I'd love to hear from my readers.