Organize Simplify Create Design

It is perpetual, living life and keeping it simple. Peace of mind comes from having a place for things. As I watched "Horton Hears a Who", with my grandchildren I thought about no matter how "tiny" the thing, it deserves a home. So I live by the old adage, a place for everything and everything in its respective place...

About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
Ten things I am or have been: 1 Wife, 2 Mother of five, 3 Grandmother of 16, 4 Hair Dresser, 5 Bookkeeper 6 Bank Teller, 7 Scrapbook Store Owner, 8 Reporter, 9 Gardener, 10 Photographer,

Friday, March 22, 2013

Easter Mantel and Spring Decor

easter mantel and spring decor

I am finally getting around to sharing my Easter and Spring decor, it will soon be time to take Easter down.

I loved these little grass pots, they screamed spring to me. I propped them in tiers using some old spools

I had been seeing the coffee filter wreaths on Pinterest and wanted to make one. These are very hard to make loose. I'm pleased with the outcome. This is the view of the entire mantel. I love the daisies in the old enamelware tub.
The centerpiece for the breakfast table is relaxed and makes me smile each morning. The napkins are some new ones I picked up at Pier One and could not resist the burlap bird napkin rings.



I love using odd items for napkins. These butterfly drawer pulls made me swoon. A bargain at Hobby Lobby.
This little creamer stays out all year. This cabinet in my breakfast houses very special items that mean a lot to my husband and myself. I love things that tell a story. This little creamer belongs to my 90 year old mother. A neighbor gave it to her when she was a little girl. I cherish it. The little lamb statue was something my husband gave to his grandmother when he was a boy. His mother passed it back to him, it has been well loved, broken, re-glued and rubbed to death. The plate behind was also his grandmothers and the white canisters belong to my mom.
I have had this bunny in a crochet dress forever. This year she lounges inside a gathering basket under the cabinet in the breakfast room.
Pier One had these cute Easter trees bundled in burlap, of course I couldn't resist. I ceramic basket was a Goodwill find.
If you know me you know how I love birds. The ornaments for this tree are so sweet. A fun accent to this years Easter decor.


You know those little dollar bins that Target has at the front of their store? I always find cute little things there. Most of the time for my grandkids. But I simply couldn't resist this cute paper egg for $1. :)

My dining room centerpiece stayed very simple. This is most cheerful, I love it.


 You might recognize this little branch from my Valentine post, yes I just swapped out he galvanized heart ornaments I made and replaced them with cute egg ornaments.

In our family we love this song, "Don't worry, 'bout a thing cause every little thing's gonna be alright". When I saw the cute bee post pins I knew in a moment what I would do with them, love the play on words.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments or feedback, add requests or ask questions! I'd love to hear from my readers.