Organize Simplify Create Design

It is perpetual, living life and keeping it simple. Peace of mind comes from having a place for things. As I watched "Horton Hears a Who", with my grandchildren I thought about no matter how "tiny" the thing, it deserves a home. So I live by the old adage, a place for everything and everything in its respective place...

About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
Ten things I am or have been: 1 Wife, 2 Mother of five, 3 Grandmother of 16, 4 Hair Dresser, 5 Bookkeeper 6 Bank Teller, 7 Scrapbook Store Owner, 8 Reporter, 9 Gardener, 10 Photographer,

Monday, June 7, 2010

When I work

This desk used to be a corner unit when I owned my business. Due to the shape of my room and the placement of the window, there was no way to use a corner desk. My husband altered the desk to fill the wall of my scraproom. As I began to crop in my space I soon discovered I liked using an L-shape with my roll around desk that slides perfectly out of sight under the desk when not in use. The chair came from Ikea, I pounced and scooted on many a chair before finding this one! I love this chair! The two wooden Ikea bins fit perfectly side by side! I covered them with cute cream and black papers to match the decor of the room. Actually there are six more narrow bins on top of each wooden box to add additional storage. The empty wooden piece that came with the extra bins? Turned vertical it fit perfectly in my shelf and holds all my 12x12 Bazill cardstock, love that. I used the extra narrow bins in my adhesive drawer to section it off. Having the TV in here is nice and my guests love having it when they stay. (I like that the desk can go under the desk facing the wall too in case there are small fingers visiting. Less temptation too!

Shown below, what is stored inside.
Bling and punctuation chipboard.
My brads are stored in a couple of different ways. The ones pictured in the screw together tubes purchased from The Container Store, these are specialty brads with patterns or designs on them, I also have some jump rings stored with these. Additional ones are stored in these individual containers purchased at Hobby Lobby. I love that I can see what I want in a glance as they are sorted by color, style and design.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments or feedback, add requests or ask questions! I'd love to hear from my readers.