Organize Simplify Create Design

It is perpetual, living life and keeping it simple. Peace of mind comes from having a place for things. As I watched "Horton Hears a Who", with my grandchildren I thought about no matter how "tiny" the thing, it deserves a home. So I live by the old adage, a place for everything and everything in its respective place...

About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
Ten things I am or have been: 1 Wife, 2 Mother of five, 3 Grandmother of 16, 4 Hair Dresser, 5 Bookkeeper 6 Bank Teller, 7 Scrapbook Store Owner, 8 Reporter, 9 Gardener, 10 Photographer,

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Work Surface

I have beautiful natural sunlight that streams in the window. However, the under cabinet lighting makes such a difference, along with the ceiling fan and lighting from above. The lighting came from Lowes.

I recently moved the Making Memories black shelves with pink bins to the desk area. I found I was forgetting about supplies kept in them, now they are within arms reach! My dh painted my Making Memories carousel to match my other black storage pieces. I like it so much better. I used to have a Pampered Chef carousel, its new home is inside the closet for the grandkids crayons and crafts. Many people have inquired about the little shadow boxes on either side of the workspace. I found these unfinished at Hobby Lobby. They have divided compartments and a small latch on the side. There are various colorful embellishments stored in each, they are fun to look at inspiring and almost like a piece of art. The clear bucket has my embossing pens! I love these! So fun to use and no heat needed!

The Xyron Sticker maker is handy where it sits, the two Ikea buckets are magnetic and came from Ikea, the sassy magnets on the front make me smile. One holds my colored pencils, the other a few pair of Fiskars small scissors, which is one of my favorite tools.

Note: See the paint can opener hanging from the hook by ribbon on the magnet board? Comes in handy when I am opening those Prima flower bucket, saves the nails!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments or feedback, add requests or ask questions! I'd love to hear from my readers.