Organize Simplify Create Design

It is perpetual, living life and keeping it simple. Peace of mind comes from having a place for things. As I watched "Horton Hears a Who", with my grandchildren I thought about no matter how "tiny" the thing, it deserves a home. So I live by the old adage, a place for everything and everything in its respective place...

About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
Ten things I am or have been: 1 Wife, 2 Mother of five, 3 Grandmother of 16, 4 Hair Dresser, 5 Bookkeeper 6 Bank Teller, 7 Scrapbook Store Owner, 8 Reporter, 9 Gardener, 10 Photographer,

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Other ideas for using floor space under bottom shelf pantry



I found some white wire racks that are stand alone shelves, along with some that clip to the shelf above. I utilized each style in my pantry. The hanging ones come in handy for things I buy occasionally and don't get a container yet. (they have to earn one, lol) I also keep the different types of trash bags on these, one style for each size trash can I use. By the way, have you ever used Grippers? I love those things! You know when you throw something in the trash and the top slips off the lip of the can and slides into the trash can? I hate when that happens. Especially in the kitchen. Well, the makers at Hefty must have known about that annoying problem, because the Gripper is like a rubber band that hugs the top of the can until you are ready to empty it! So I reserve these bags for the kitchen trash, perfect for 13 gallon cans! Love that!

So after that little bonus blurb, back to pantry staging.
The stand alone shelving I found at WalMart. I use them to stack canned goods or bottles that will not fit in the Candensor. I love baskets, they are so versatile and add a decorator touch wherever they stay. Sometimes they just sit there and look cute! It is especially helpful if they are used to store things too! The little baskets hold some wood chips for my Cameron Cooker, and snacks I keep on hand, mostly for grandkids. The 100 calorie packs go here in case I need a snack! :)

If you have trays, oven racks, large cutting boards or in my case this large lazy susan, the wall on the side of shelves is a good place to keep them stacked, and since you are using the floor space they don't topple over ever time you walk in.

I think I have a bad case of "Blog Doubt"...
I hope somebody is out there? Please leave your comments so I know somebody is there. I'm not sure if anyone is interested in my grocery shopping list that works in any market?
I love your ideas too! Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. for some reason my comment on you post today came out on wednesday post! sorry I must have hit the wrong button. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Shirley, I am living organized vicariously through you! LOL! I am green with envy - I just can't seem to find a system that works for our pantry or any room, really. I have been spending far more time organizing this house than anything else and I really don't feel like I've accomplished much. (Okay, the junk drawer in the kitchen is actually clean, neat and organized and has managed to stay that way for a couple of months now-so success has been slowly surfacing.)
    I really enjoy your blog - keep up all these great posts! I would also love a copy of that grocery list! I haven't seen a place to download it.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Katherine! Thank you thank you!
    How can I help? Why won't your pantry behave?
    You can do this girl! If your junk draw has been tamed for a couple of months you are on your way.
    Are you in a new place? I know if you are that it sometimes takes a little time to settle in.
    My best hint is this:
    ALWAYS BEGIN WITH POINT OF FIRST USE. Where ever you will use it is where its home needs to be. If you are always running for a pair of scissors, either buy a new inexpensive pair to keep where you are always needing them.
    As for the shopping list, shoot me an email and I will send it to you. It is crazy simple, but works so well.
    So lets bounce ideas back and forth. I bet we can get your place humming. Your probably not off as far as you think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited to see these posts about pantry organization...it is next on my list of projects...my sister too! Thanks for taking the time to post...I follow you! Can't wait to see what is next!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erin, thank you for responding! Organizing is never ending at my house. I would like my husband to build me an extra set of shelves way up high in my pantry, for things I don't use very often. That is such wasted organization space up there! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm seeing all them bottles of roux and i'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments or feedback, add requests or ask questions! I'd love to hear from my readers.